Finished the Learn to Row Program and ready for more? The Novice Program is for new rowers to advance their skills, build fitness, and have opportunities to race. Rowers who complete the Novice Program will be prepared to join either the Competitive Program or Club Program the following season.
June 11- October 29
Mon - Thurs, 6:15 pm - 8:00 pm
- The Novice Program focuses on building rower technique and fitness throughout the season. Novice team members are asked to attend as many practices as possible; two sessions a week is considered a minimum.
- Novices are strongly encouraged to participate in at least one sprint race (summer) and one head race (a longer race that typically occurs in the fall).
$460, plus regatta fees and travel expenses. Payable by personal check, credit or debit card
- May be paid in two installments due June 29 and July 27.
- Student Discounts are available.
Contact the Membership Director if you have questions about the Novice program, regattas, and travel expenses.
Novice Lead Coach: Russell Topp
Novice Assistant Coach: TBD
What you will learn:
- Deeper knowledge of rowing basics
- Equipment care
- How to row in smaller boats (four-person shells)
- Coxswain basics
- Training for races
All Learn to Row sessions are located at the Anacostia Community Boathouse:
1900 M St SE
Washington, DC 20003