Great news! New Orleans Rowing Club (NORC) is hosting the DC Strokes for a winter rowing camp February 15-17! Registration is now open! Deadline to register is Feb 1st!
Rower expectations: Leave the cold weather behind and spend two full days circuit training, brushing up on rowing technique, and having fun with Coach Rachel Freedman! Coaching will include video review of technique.
Registration Fee: $200 per person. Fee includes NORC facility usage, equipment, coaching fee. Dinner will be provided Friday evening.
Logistics: There will be planned social activities, as well as free time. Four members of NORC have graciously offered to provide housing stays for our members. These are first come first serve. First four people to register are guaranteed free housing! 16 total registration spots are available. Minimum required is 4 registrants.
The agenda is still being finalized. Below is the tentative agenda (subject to change).
• Morning/early afternoon: rowers arrive in New Orleans
• Camp welcome/opening remarks & BBQ with NORC • 6:00pm
• Session 1 • 6:30-8:30am – warmup stretch, 75-min. row, cool down stretch
• Breakfast/free time • 8:30-11:30am
• Session 2 • 11:30am-1:30pm – warmup w/body weight exercises, 75-min. row, cool down stretch
• Lunch • 1:30-3:30pm
• Session 3 • 3:00-6:00pm – video review, warmup run and stretch, 60-min. row, cool down stretch
• Evening • planned social activity and/or free time
• Session 1 • 7:30-9:00am – Circuit workout at Krewe Du CrossFit
• Breakfast • 9:30-11:00am
• Session 2 • 11:00am-1:00pm – warmup stretch, 75-min. row, cool down stretch
• Lunch • 1:00-3:00pm
• Session 3 • 3:00-6:00pm – video review, warmup run and stretch, 60-min. row, cool down stretch, camp closing remarks
• Evening • team dinner
• Rowers head home. For those leaving later in the day, offer a couple of planned activities like: morning run and/or workout at Krewe Du CrossFit, social/cultural activities, etc.