Coach with us!
DC Strokes Rowing Club, a masters rowing club of ~70 members seeks two coaches for its morning and afternoon club programs. Starting its 33rd season and building on a legacy of inclusion as the nation’s oldest LGBTQ+ rowing club, DC Strokes offers access to the competitive sport of rowing to people of all backgrounds and athletic abilities in the greater Washington, DC area.
Please reach out to email@example.com for more information
Benefits and Compensation:
$65 per coached session
DC Strokes is at an exciting juncture where we are looking to build successful, competitive, and organized programs, and you can have a hand in shaping the future of these programs.
As a coach you will also have free club membership and access to other DCSRC programs if you’d like to row.
To apply, submit a resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Coaching Positions!
- Organize and lead practices three mornings or afternoons a week with scrimmages, regattas, and bonus rows possible on a weekend day, from late March through early November;
- Develop and implement a comprehensive training plan with the goals of improving athleticism and winning regattas;
- Help implement the training philosophy and coaching goals of the AM/PM program and the setting of expectations and goals for rowers;
- Coach rowers to improve their rowing and coxswain skills to increase overall rowing ability and prepare for competition;
- Support the team’s diversity and mission to promote inclusive rowing, and make every effort to accommodate different lifestyles, abilities, and beliefs;
- Execute safety protocols and ensure the safety of rowers and equipment.
- Ideally 3+ years coaching experience, preferably at least 1 of which is at the masters level;
- Excellent teaching and communication skills;
- Ability to develop rowing technique and athletic conditioning in athletes of varying ages, experience, and skills;
- Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid Certification;
- US Rowing Association Level 1 Coaching Certification (or willingness to obtain), - - Level 2 preferred;
- Boat and water safety certification (can obtain upon hire)
- Two references, at least one rowing related